8 things you didn't know about meTweet
I was invited me to participate in the "8 things you didn't know about me" party by Susan Scrupski. Thank you! The rules are fairly straightforward - 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. List EIGHT random facts about yourself. 3. Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names. 4. Let them know they've been tagged.
So here goes - first the eight random facts about me.
1. I'm getting married in barely a week's time. It's going to very large wedding (I'm Indian after all) and I'll probably know not more than a fifth of the guests personally. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for the wedding.
2. I have a day job and a night job. By day I work for Avenue A | Razorfish and have been with them for a number of years. But I also co-publish a wine magazine. It's India's first and only magazine dedicated to wine. And yes, India is both a producer and a consumer of wine.
3. I nearly didn't make it past two. Maybe that sounds dramatic but it is true. I was deathly ill and the doctors couldn't diagnose the illness. For months I was in hospital on life support. But then a new medicine hit the market and was tried on me. It made all the difference.
4. I've been a huge mac fan for quite a while. In fact, I own one of the 20th Anniversary limited edition macs which was bought when Apple wasn't that cool. Its a gorgeous machine and few come close to it. Today, I mostly use black MacBook and an iPhone.
5. I've lived on three continents and hope to live on a few others too at some point. I grew up mostly in India and the Middle East, studied and worked in both North America and Europe. I would absolutely love to spend a meaningful amount of time in South America or Australia next.
6. I travel a lot for work and pleasure. In the last 12 months I averaged an international flight practically every month. While I don't enjoy air travel anymore, I see it as a necessary evil. Fortunately, I can sleep easily on flights.
7. I adore books. I am a bibliophile. I definitely buy more books than I can read but that doesn't stop me from buying more. They're candy to me. A home isn't complete without lots of books.
8. I'm a politics junky. I follow American, British, Israeli and Indian politics closely. They have more in common than you would expect. All in all, I believe the parliamentary form of democracy is the strongest format.
So that's it eight facts on me. I'd like to ping David Deal, James Robertson, Jane McConnell, Peter Boggards, Andrew McAfee, Peter Kim, Mukund Mohan and Jeremiah Owyang.
Follow me on Twitter (@shivsingh) for more insights on digital strategy and social media.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: 8 things you didn't know about me.
TrackBack URL for this entry: